I am so excited! I just finished my Fabriflair Star Tree Top by Indygo Junction. And I love it!
The Fabriflair Star Tree Top is a two dimensional fabric Star based off of English paper piecing.
I am glad I made a sample one to start to familiarize myself with the process and this is what I found out:
- This is not a quick and easy project. But with patience even a beginner or first-timer can create beautiful stars and other projects that can be embellished to your hearts content. The sky is the limit here.
- Read the step-by-step directions through at least once before starting.
- Accuracy in cutting the star arms is crucial to achieving a balanced star.
- Fabric selection is important but placement of the fabric is even more important because if you cut on the lengthwise of the fabric the side arms of the star pattern will be going in a different direction than the top arm and two bottom legs. Pre-determine how you want YOUR star to look
- This project is perfect for fussycutting.
- The Stabilizer was easy to work with and did its job well in stabilizeing and shaping the project without extra weight.
- Project can be hand or machine sewed. I preferred hand sewing for this project. I did machine sew my sample but hand sewing came together easier, believe it or not, and my center and seams for the arms lined up and fit together better.
- The tips of the star were hard for me. I had a difficult time with the tails, keeping the bulk down, and the points pointed. But with trimming, appliqué glue and patience they came out pretty good.
Would I make this project again? Absolutely!! I really love the flexibilty of a project that allows me to be as creative as I can be and still not compromise the uniqueness of the product.
Be sure to check our out Indygo Junction by Amy Brickman at www.amybrickman.com for free images, inspiration and books for the sewing and needle arts and Indygo Junction at www.indygojunction.com featuring digital and print patterns, Fabriflair, books, tutorials, giveaways, project ideas & so much more!